The Governing Board of Hothfield Junior School exists in order to ensure continuing accountability of the Headteacher and the school generally for the performance of the school.
This is done in a positive and constructive way, with the Governing Board being able to question and challenge the Headteacher to ensure that the school is always making progress for the benefit of the education of the pupils of the school
This involves working with the Headteacher to understand the demands which the school is facing and to ensure key targets are set and met. The Governing Board is, in its turn therefore, accountable for the school’s performance to its stakeholders – in particular the school’s pupils and their parents and carers.
The Governing Board is a team of volunteers with a wide range of different skills. They meet formally once each half term with other work being done between those meetings in our Standards Committee and Resources Committee. Being a governor is not about volunteering in school. All the school’s operational, or day-to-day activities are for the school’s teaching professionals – in particular the Headteacher – to manage and deliver. Governance is about setting the overall general direction of the school and making sure that course is followed.
As part of their remit the Governing Board is also responsible for
- Setting the school budget
- Making decisions about the school building and premises
- Establishing certain school policies
- Appointing senior staff and being part of the decision making process relating to some aspects of staffing the school.
Should you wish to contact our Governing Board, please click here for further details.
Our Vision for the coming three years (2015-2018):
- Our children, parents and staff are happy at school and with school and so would always recommend Hothfield to others…
- By exceeding national figures for attainment and progress, our children achieve their potential and so are ready to thrive at secondary school…
- We have combined with Aire View to form a through-primary school which is the school of choice for the families of Silsden…
- We are a school that is judged by OFSTED to be good and on its journey to Outstanding…
Please click here to view our 15/16 year end report.
Minutes of Meetings. 16-17
Full Governing Board Minutes:
Governing Board Minutes 16th September 2016
Governing Board Minutes 28th June 2016
Governing Board Minutes 17 May 2016
Governing Board Minutes 26 January 2016
Governing Board Minutes 17 November 2015
Governing Board Minutes 22 September 2015
Governing Board Minutes 30 June 2015
Resources Committee 7th March 2017
Resources Committee minutes January 2017
Resources Committee minutes 8 November 2016
Resources Committee minutes 13 September 2016
Resources Committee minutes 21 June 2016
Resources Committee Minutes 5 May 2016
Resources Committee Minutes 8 March 2016
Click on the attached document to show governor attendance at Governing Board meetings.