If your child is unable to attend school due to self-isolation, please find below an overview of the key objectives planned for classroom lessons each week. You should be able to find suitable material related to the objectives via Oak National Academy. Please contact your child’s teacher via Class Dojo if any questions.
Spring Term 1
Autumn Term 2
Autumn Term 1
Other Useful websites
- Phonics Play – Use the following login details. Then select any activities of your choosing from Phases 3-5. The Year 1 Phonics Screening Check will require the children to be confident with all of these phases.
- Get Epic – This website has whole range of age appropriate texts for you to choose to read or audio books to listen to. To login use the class code below and select your child’s name.
Class Code: vmx4058
- Pickatale – Create an account and read, listen to or interact with a whole selection of books. This can be accessed through the website or downloaded on the app store.
- Teach Your Monster To Read – Make your own free account and start your journey. Design your monster, play the games and teach your monster to read. This can be played through the website or downloaded on the app store.
- ICT Games – Play a variety of Maths and English games for free. No login details required.
- Coram Life Education SCARF – Harold, the happy, healthy giraffe mascot, will be posting a daily blog: Harold’s Daily Diary! Each day he’ll be giving children positive, fun messages about what he’s doing to stay happy and healthy while he’s off school, separated from his friends. He’ll invite the children to join in with activities he’s doing. He’ll be giving children ideas for how they can get a routine going for their day, including the things we all need to do to live a balanced, healthy life. These include: taking regular exercise, being creative, helping others, connecting with others – in ways that are safe and mindfulness – learning to enjoy the moment, here and now.
- Hit the Button – Quickfire maths game. Concentrate on: Number Bonds to 10, 20 and 100 (in tens), doubles up to 20 and halves up to 20.
- NumBots – A maths game accessible using Times Table Rock Star login details. This is a new game that we thought would be good to trial in Year 1 during this period, so, if you do have a go please let us know what you think! The game focuses on addition, subtraction and number bonds and encourages speed just like TTRS. It is robot themed and children unlock levels, choose and upgrade avatars, earn coins and stars. There are two modes: 1. Story Mode – the emphasis is on learning the ideas and concepts behind addition and subtraction so it features more diagrams, shapes and question styles. 2. Challenge Mode – the emphasis is more on speed of recall of key facts, like number bonds to 10, doubling small numbers or adding & taking away in your head.
We’d love to see the children’s work through photographs on Class Dojo!
The Year 1 Teachers and Teaching Assistants